Every ounce of my being wants to do something to guide this offspring of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness into a well rounded and responsible adult. But every ounce of my being can do very little. These two and altogether different stories on the evening news are like so many of this country’s problems and ironies.
PRINCETON BOROUGH Three people were sent to the hospital this afternoon following an accident at Princeton University Frick Laboratory that sparked a flash fire and sent chemicals into the air.A female post doctoral student, another Princeton student and a security guard were treated for minor chemical irritations after the woman mistakenly added solvent waste to nitric acid while conducting an experiment, Trenton Fire Department Captain Michael Oakley said.A female post doctoral student, another Princeton student and a security guard were treated for minor chemical irritations after an unplanned chemical reaction sent a plume of vapors into the lab they were occupying.Trenton Fire Department Captain Michael Oakley said a solvent had been added at some point to nitric acid, sparking a flash and the smoke, as the chemicals were not compatible. The reaction caused the container housing the chemicals to break, some of the substance on the woman’s face, Oakley said.He said that she suffered minor first degree burns under her eyes and was sent to the hospital after rinsing the irritated area with tap water at the lab. The security guard developed a minor rash on his arms after entering the room and was also sent to the hospital, along with the other student who was present, he said.The fire was contained to the lab and nearly all of the chemicals in the air were sucked into the special hood under which the student was performing the experiment, Oakley said.The Trenton hazmat team conducted a test for volatile organic compounds, a catch all hazard test and other assessments using litmus paper and monitoring meters, he said.
Kasich had opposed similar measures, citing the higher costs for electricity customers. States in carbon dioxide emissions and is the third largest consumer of coal, behind Texas and Indiana. “I think Governor DeWine is politically ambitious, and this unfortunately has become more and more of a divisive issue in Ohio.”.
The work of Carlos Estevez and Davide Salvadore are standouts. Salvadore created an undefinable stringed instrument Is it a lute? Is it an oud? out of finely patterned and multicolored Murano glass. Estevez mashes up mannequins and musical instruments to create marionettes, one with the body of a violin and another built around a silver clarinet.